Thursday, 18 October 2012

An elegant lady

Vintage lady and child in white (courtesy of 'freeparking' Flikr)

I came across this photo, and was struck by how elegantly this lady was dressed. She doesn't appear to be on her way to a fashionable ball or society function. Her little girl (or ward) is trotting along beside her.

How I would love to wear a skirt like that, and yes, even a hat, when walking over to visit a neighbour! I can imagine the wonderful rustling sound as her skirt swishes as she walks. She must feel so feminine.

Perhaps, when she returns home, she and her daughter will put on their freshly laundered starched aprons while they make jam tarts for tea.




4 comments:

  1. I love that photo, also! I am enjoying your blog and found you from HomeLiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm glad you are enjoying the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful blog you have! I found you on Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party :) I am now following you and I look forward to your future posts! Have a wonderful Monday.

    Blessings,
    Stephanie
    www.theenchantingrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Stephanie - High praise indeed from someone who has such a beautiful blog as yourself! I have added yours to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete