Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Don't fear the winter...








THE WOMANLY ART of THRIFT

 

"I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread". Ps 37:25 KJV

 

Many families today are feeling anxious about the economic climate. They worry about rising prices of food and clothing, petrol, gas, electricity and more. When wives and mothers trawl the frugal websites, instead of their anxiety diminishing, they become more fearful as, among the useful information they glean, there is much fear-mongering and general gloom and doom to assail them. They tighten their belts with a heavy heart and daily life takes on a dark cloud of despair. 
This can result in the woman's entire family taking on her anxiety and heaviness, as she is the one who most influences the mood of her family and home. By learning and practising the womanly art of thrift, the home-maker can instead, make a truly positive difference. She can enjoy a richer, more meaningful and satisfying life. She can save money in myriad ways, while spreading a sense of peace and contentment throughout her family and home. She can learn how liberating it is to not be twitched by the clever marketing ploys of the world, designed to make people feel poor, envious, greedy, and always unsatisfied.

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Phil 4.19

In the next post, I hope to share some suggestions and tips, from my own experiences and others which may be of some encouragement to others. They may just inspire you to develop the art more deeply than myself. I would appreciate any comments which are of a helpful and up-building nature. However any comments which are offensive or contentious will be ignored.

5 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly enjoying your posts - especially these on the womanly art of thrift! I found your blog through Lydia Sherman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The womanly art of thrift is a very exciting subject to me, so I'm glad people are enjoying them. I have so many more I am planning to post, so I hope people won't get bored of them.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this lovely reminder! Those quotes really spoke to my heart as I sometimes feel anxious and worried after reading articles about preparedness or the economy. Thank you for the reminder that we are not alone and that God is with us as we make our small efforts to be mindful of how we spend our resources.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind comments Nanny Y. (I published this comment twice, so had to delete one).

    ReplyDelete