Thursday, 29 November 2012

Come and Enjoy a Cup of English Tea.

Would you like some tea - English Style?

This morning, as I was making up my little tea tray, I wondered if you might like join me for a refreshing cup of English Style brew.


Let's begin by setting out what we will need
 We are using our everyday teapot and a jug of fresh milk. (No! No! No! we Brits do not take cream in our tea, my dear. Cream is for coffee - never tea)

Please relax now, I promise that I won't scold you any more.

This is the tea we will be enjoying today. PG Tips is one of the most popular teas. You can, of course, buy the teabags - but although it's delicious, it isn't quite as delightful as the loose tea version.

I've already warmed the pot, to keep our tea hotter for longer. We are hoping for a least two cups each. Now we put in two teaspoons of tea, and pour in boiling water from the kettle.

I would be popping on the everyday hand-knitted tea cosy which also helps keep it nice and hot.

But today you are my special guests - so we'll use the pretty cosy.

The milk goes in first - except in Scotland. They have some funny customs in Scotland when it comes to tea

You can see we are getting a bit steamy, but I wanted to show you how I strain the tea, so you ladies don't get a mouthful of tea-leaves to spoil your enjoyment

If we've been chatting away, our second cup might be a little stronger. I like it, but we can always top up the pot with fresh hot water.

I hope you have enjoyed your tea-break. I hope you come again, and maybe try some of my delicious cheese scones.

Happy tea-making ladies.




************************************************************************************************

A MESSAGE FOR MARGIE - who contacted me via the feedback form. Thank you for contacting me. My replies to your email address are coming back marked 'undeliverable'. Here is the link you want for the poncho. I found it on Ebay.com


Hello Margie. Here is the link
I hope this is helpful for you. Please let me know that you get this OK. I would hate you to think I had failed to reply to you.

***********************************************************************************************








18 comments:

  1. Leslie I adore your tea cozies. I have seen them sewn from old cardigans, too. It is nice to wake up and find an English cup of tea on someone's blog. It would be a good link up to find out what other tea drinker's teacups look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this was certainly delightful! I wish I could be there in person to enjoy a cup of tea and sweet conversation with you. I love, love, LOVE your tea cosy, did you make it? Thank you for sharing, my dear friend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there Stephanie. Thank you very much. I wish you could all have real tea with me one day! I knitted both the tea cosies a couple of years ago. Sadly, I cannot knit nowadays because I get shoulder problems. People knit some nice ones and sell them on Ebay and sometimes I'm tempted - but I already have enough

      Big hugs back sweetie

      Delete
  3. Thank you LadyLydia. I'm glad you enjoyed taking a tea-break with me. I would love to do a link up to enjoy other people's teacups. I don't yet know how to do my own link up. Any advice ladies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. I was drinking PG tips this morning too. I found you from a friend. I also do a tea related meme on Tuesday called Tuesday Cuppa Tea that I'd love you to join. I am adding you to my blog party list. :)
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting Ruth, and for adding me to your blog party list. I'm in for the party : )

      Delete
  5. There is nothing quite so nice as sipping a warm cup of tea while making new friends in blog-land. Your site is lovely and I do hope that you will follow me back.
    Your newest blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Connie. I would love to follow you back x Thank you

      Delete
  6. This was absolutely lovely!

    blessings
    Mrs. White
    The Legacy of Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mrs White. Thank you for visiting : ) I enjoy your blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Budgeteer: This lady has instructions for how to do a link up
    http://rediscoveringdomesticity.com/2011/01/04/bloggy-basics-link-up/

    When you are posting something, look on the right column of the dashboard where you are working, and there is a list that says options and lablels, and there is one that says links, with a chain. The blogger explains what to do with that, I think. I have never had a link up so I am not familiar with it, myself, but I think her instructions should work. You will have to have two pages up: one with that posting area and all its tools, and one of the completed article so you can paste the url.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I just want to say thank you for the visit and for the lovely comment. I am afraid that when you hit follow . . . it didn't take. You may want to try again. I am so happy to welcome you and excited about developing a new blogging friendship.
    Have a marvelous weekend.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have gone and clicked on follow again - so hopefully it will be ok now

      Delete
  10. I am a fan of tea but don't generally use a teapot.

    I have one for breakfast, morning tea, afternoon tea and at supper. As I work, I enjoy these tea breaks with my colleagues who also enjoy a cup of tea. The type of tea changes depending on my mood, but Lady Grey is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joluise, Yes I like both Lady Grey and Earl Grey too

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely idea! I need a tea cosy as well. I'm using a dish towel!...not with company, of course, just for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alexandra. As long as the tea stays hot, that's the main thing : )

      Delete
  13. This was delightful!! Thanks for sharing this...I love tea.

    ReplyDelete