Saturday, 17 November 2012

LIEBSTER Award nomination

I am very excited to have been nominated for this award by Stephanie

You'll find her HERE at The Enchanting Rose

Thank you to this very lovely lady and her sweet blog





Frank Benson: Sunlight

                                                           



 In accordance with the Liebster rules, I will tell you 11 random things about myself.

1. I choose the same dessert nearly every single day - Home made Greek style yoghurt topped with home-made blackberry Jam. Although I will snaffle chocolate if it is in the house!

2. I also think about food a lot

3. BBC Radio 3, Classical music, is on in the background much of the day at home.

4 One of my favourite things to do when my children were growing up, was to read aloud to them - especially funny poetry. I will still read aloud to anyone who will listen : )

5. When my middle son was struggling emotionally, I wrote him a book called 'Granny Jo-jo' She made friends with a little boy, Joe. (My son's name is Joe). My friend illustrated this beautifully too. One day, I left the only manuscript and drawings at someone's very cluttered house, and we never found it again. But Joe had heard it a lot by then and I think it helped him.

6. My husband is my absolute, absolute best friend and I can't imagine life without him

7. Years ago I used to work at home, entering slogan competitions (Contests) We won lots of exciting things for the family and our community.

8. I have a special love for and bond with the Jewish people

9. I was not brought up in a Christian family

10. I enjoy watching 'Hogan's Heroes' with my husband on you tube

11. I love the American People a lot and sometimes my husband and I feel like emigrating.















Waterhouse: The Flower Picker

Stephanie's questions

1. What is your favorite Bible Verse and why?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. What do you like to do with your free time?
4. If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you want with you?
5. Do you have a favorite book?
6. What is your favorite food?
7. Do you play a musical instrument?
8. What one word describes you best?
9. What is one of your favorite memories?
10. If you could choose when you were born, which decade/century would you want to be born in?
11. What is your goal in life?

ANSWERS 

1. Matthew 11:28-30

 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light"

I meditate on these verses most days, as I am often feeling heavy laden. This helps to reminds me to stop trying so hard and simply rest in Him.

2. I think we would like to live in the USA, somewhere where the countryside looks a little like England and is nice and green. 

3. Things I like to do in my spare time are, spend time with my Heavenly Father, with my husband, with the children, and our two dogs. I enjoy baking, reading, crafts, blogging, and reading other people's blogs

4. If I was stranded on an island I would choose. My husband (who is very resourceful and would make sure we survived), A good supply of  long-life cheese because it is so versatile in one's cooking, and a nice big Bible.

5 Favourite book? I have several books that I reread quite often. Agatha christie's 'Miss Marple' stories and 'Miss Read' delightful stories about village life.

6. I love all foods.

7. I don't seriously play an instrument, but enjoy singing

8.The word which describes me best is 'Optimistic' I just can't help it. 

9. A favourite memory for me is when we used to spend time as a family at the seaside. We would watch the seagulls and my dad would say, 'See how the seagulls are playing in the air currents'.  Everything with my dad was fun and happy. When I was a child, he would also take us for long walks by the docks, or the parks. When he would come to flowers, trees, water, sculptures, anything - dad would say. ' feel that, touch that, what does it feel like? Now, whenever I go for a walk I have to touch the leaves and the trees and the water.

10. I'm not sure when I would have liked to have been born. I like the Victorian era most I think

11. My goal in life is to get deeper and deeper into my relationship with my Heavenly Father, I would also like to leave this earth with a legacy of love and knowing my descendants will know Him too



I will think about the blogs I would like to nominate, and try and come up with some questions for them. 

Update. I have decided to encourage new bloggers as I come across them in an individual way.







irving ramsey wiles: the sonata

4 comments:

  1. This was such FUN to read! I feel like I know you a little bit better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs B

    By the way,your blog has a beautiful header picture today of a family around the table : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this and "getting" to know you better :) If you ever come to the USA, Colorado is a good place - I would enjoy being neighbors :) Your testimony is beautiful and such a joy. Thank you for blessing me this morning! Have a lovely week dear friend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, Colorado sounds very nice - especially as you live there.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete