Friday, 15 February 2013

The Home-maker's News and Weather this week.





Charles Courtney Curran

Who wants to buy a newspaper and be made anxious and depressed reading all its gloom and doom, violence, nasty gossip, un-edifying pictures and photographs?


Well, I hope you enjoy this alternative 'newspaper' edition of Heart for Home-makings, hot off the press...

Home-maker's News and Weather


Health News


Arthur Hopkins
Arthur Hopkins 'A blow on the cliffs'

Home-makers of today are reviving the custom of a daily 'Constitutional' as an effective means of reducing stress, keeping healthy, appreciating the awesome beauty of God's creation - and gaining lovely rosy cheeks in the process.

A expert in these matters states 

Isaiah 55:12 - For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap [their] hands.


It is also worth readers noting that many older women today are quietly, yet actively teaching the young women the health benefits of regularly being busy with their hands in their own homes and gardens. Families are enjoying coming home to the well-tended house and garden, and the home-maker can take breaks to sit in pleasant surroundings with her cup of tea, and to peruse a wholesome book.









Ernest Albert Chadwick
Ernest Albert Chadwick 'a cottage garden, Saintbury'





WORLD NEWS AND THE ECONOMY

The Home-maker's news is happy to report the Good News that although the world is evil...



Galatians 1:4 - Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:



Matthew 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet

There is no cause for alarm because,


John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.






Victor Gabriel Gilbert
Victor Gabriel Gilbert 'picking flowers'



SITUATIONS VACANT
Calling all Labourers (and those who are heavy-laden)

 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.



WEATHER

This morning all areas will be refreshed by some 'Still Dews of Quietness' (see below)

 Drop Thy still dews of quietness,
Till all our strivings cease;
Take from our souls the strain and stress,
And let our ordered lives confess
The beauty of Thy peace

John G Whittier


There will also be prolonged and pleasant sunny spells

 Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory






Thomas Mackay
Thomas Mackay 'A girl sewing at the door of a cottage' 1906


Practical Home-making

The sink is full of dishes - how fortunate we are
to have those china plates and cups, imported from afar.
The carpets need a vacuum - how wonderful that be -
This labour-saving vacuum is of such a help to me
Who needs to visit price-y gyms? - I have my workouts here
A simple going over gives clean carpets AND good cheer!


The load of dirty laundry calls - give thanks for clothes to wear!
For we may wash and freshen them to show how much we care
The garden needs-a-weeding, oh blessed I am today, 
for I'll enjoy the good fresh air to blow the blues away
Another dinner to be cooked - a blessing surely too,
soon fragrant foods will grace our plates, with love from me to you.

So don't be glum, dear wife and Mum
And feel your work's unseen
For home's a godly kingdom
And each one needs its queen! 

 © Budgeteer 2013






18 comments:

  1. Now THIS is my kind of newspaper! Wow! And I love the poem at the end.

    I always love it when a new post from you pops up in my Google Reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Michele. I wasn't sure how this would come over, so thank you for your kind feedback

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is wonderful . We cannot possibly do anything about the bad news that is constantly thrown in front of us, but we can do something about out own ways and our own lives, and be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I just popped in from Home Living for some good news.
    Thanks! I've enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! It was just yesterday when I felt the need to "pull back" from getting caught up in the current news. What a great reminder to focus on our roles as homemakers and to always remember Who's in control. I'm reading this while enjoying a hot cup of chocolate on a break. Reading posts like yours inspires me as I finish out my homemaking duties for the day. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I loved this post so much! So positive and lovely! Your poem was great, and left me with a smile on my face, thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so neat! Thank you for sharing. Lady Lydia recommended your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job with the news of the day! Thanks for posting this, and know that you have lifted the spirits and brightened the day of your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your news! Can this become a weekly publication?

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. I'm not sure that I could do a weekly, but I am planning to do more of these - maybe every month?

      Delete
  10. Love this. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is truly edifying and what Phil 4:8 teaches! I hope there will be more.:) The poem at the end was especially encouraging to me. Thank you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the painting of the girl on the cliffs and would love to imitate the dress and the activity in real life...now to find a cliff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the dress would suit you. It's a lovely picture and inspires me to take a 'constitutional' : )

      Delete
  13. This was such a refreshing post to read. I always enjoy reading blog posts that celebrate the importance of homemaking life, as well as the duties of the homemaker herself. Your little poem at the end regarding homemaking made me smile, as I love to write rhyming poetry myself.

    Blessings to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just saying 'hi' and love your post! Sweet, simple and true ~ thank you! Will be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am happy to have found your site. It was very uplifting to read your thoughtful post and enjoy the lovely illustrations that you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete