Friday, 15 November 2013

Thrifty Project - Leftover Lace







The Winter Jasmine has flowered and looks so pretty


















When all begins to look bare and wintry, it bursts forth with bright cheerful, miniature yellow blooms.







I have been busy knitting my first Christmas Poinsettia and, for the moment it graces the hall mirror, until I decide on a more suitable spot. If I make another, I will try making it sparkle somehow. The hall is always so dark.








My new thrifty project was to use some lace edging that has been languishing in my sewing box. I don't even remember where it came from.


The Welsh dresser was made by my husband, and I love it, but it needed... something.







Here is the 'before' picture






























We just pinned it on...



It has given the room a very cottage'y feel and was so simple to do. Now I have to just tidy the shelves. 




14 comments:

  1. I love lace trim in my cabinets! It does give a cottagey feel. Your husband did an amazing job on that piece of furniture.
    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The result is lovely. It's amazing to me that so many times just a touch of something different can make a difference in our homes. Right now I'm redecorating my husband's bathroom, and yesterday I figured out a valance for the little window. I had made something from an old suede jacket. I had suede fringe left over from the shoulders and arms of the jacket, so I decided to make a valnce with the fringe--very masculine and western themed. I will be using an old lariat rope to put around his big oval mirror. "Don't spend money, spend time thinking about what you already have." is my new motto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. What creativity you have Bible Babe. I love your motto

      Delete
  3. Very nice.....love the knitted Christmas Poinsettia...so pretty. Think I may look for a crochet pattern for one....blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelley. Maybe you can find one on Ravelry.com

      Delete
  4. Wow! Your husband built that? I've been wanting to do the same thing but I didn't know how to attach the lace to the wood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I came from the Mom's the Word linky party and am so glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for visiting : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have never thought to do that, but I definitely agree that it makes a nice difference with your furniture for sure. Your husband did a great job making that by the way.

    Thank you for sharing this tip with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystal. Thank you for visiting

      Delete
  8. Wow, your husband MADE that? That is amazing!!! My hubby doesn't really like to do stuff like that but he made me some wooden shutters once! :) Love how you added the lace, so cute.

    I had no idea that there was such a thing as winter Jasmine. I'll bet it smells lovely. Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting, and for your kind comments Nan. You do such a great job with your wonderful weekly link-ups

      Delete